Year 1 Half term 4 - Week 5

 27/03/23 - connections rehearsals.

Today we went through the connections performance making sure we still remembered all the scenes. Then we picked apart the scenes that needed work making sure we could get everything right for the Sunderland performance.

28/03/23 - rest of practitioner PowerPoints.

Today we watched the rest of the practitioner presentations.

29/03/23 - connections rehearsals.

Today we carried on with connections rehearsals but only working on the notes we had been given so we didn’t get confused. We only changed one scene which was the scene were Tom joy gets sentenced. We changed it to everyone now being on stage watching him being taken to prison.

30/03/23 - watched yolo rehearsals and performance.

For this lesson we didn’t have the theatre as the 2nd years needed it to rehearse YOLO. I decided to watch there rehearsals today because it shows me what techniques they use to perform and means I can get an idea of how to be a better performer from people who have been doing it longer. After college we then got to watch their performance.

31/03/23 - Sunderland performance.

OMG OMG OMG WE MADE IT

Today is the day we perform Old times for the last time. And it’s in Sunderland!

This was the greatest experience to be able to perform on a professional stage in front of an audience who knows exactly what it’s like to be nervous and excited before performing. 

This performance was amazing we nailed it. The only thing I would complain about was that my mic didn’t work and it did stress me out but I pushed through and just made sure I spoke loudly and clearly and it payed off, Kelly told me it was my best performance yet and I’ve never felt prouder of myself. This show has showed me that I am good enough to be on this course. Working with such talented people on stage was great and definitely something I’ll be grateful for moving forward.

Before the performance we warmed up in the dance studio they provided us with, we played multiple games, one of my favourites was where you have someone sitting in front of you on a chair, this is your ‘slave’ and the aim of the game is to always have a slave. If you have an empty chair you need to wink at someone else’s slave and they will try to run to your chair without being tagged. If they make it you now have a slave that you need to stop from escaping. To stop them you need to tap them on the shoulder when they try to run. If you tap them you swap places and you’re now the slave trying to escape. 


Comments

Popular Posts